Monday 4 February 2008

The Presets - My People


Artist: The Presets
Title : My People
Genre : Electronic
Source : 12"
Label : Modular Recordings
Release Date : 18/12/2007
Tracks : 04
Play Time : 22.20

There's a palpable sense that all this live experience has carried its energy into the studio. As a taster to their sophomore album (landing early 2008), 'My People' is gargantuan. A snarling beast of a record, it bristles with fuzzy scratches of guitar snaps, bubbling arpeggiated synths and an instantly memorable, call-and-response, chanted hook. The song sounds like the rattling of an electrified disco zombie chain gain.
It's future pagan. It's a call to arms to party.
Backed with remixes from D.I.M, Kris Menace and Mouse on Mars it seems 'My People' will own this summer...

Tracklisting:
A1. My People
A2. My People (Kris Menace Remix)
B1. My People (D.I.M Remix)
B2. My People (Mouse on Mars Acid Pretzels Remix)
Download

1 comment:

Ryan Ragsdale said...

I found this blog looking for The Toxic Avenger, and saw this post. I just released a new live DJ mix featuring the D.I.M. remix of "My People" among tracks by Van She Technologic, Jokers of the Scene, Cajmere, DJ Gorky, Baltimore Bass Connection, and others. You can download it and my other live sets and remixes from my 'Space page. I have remixes of CSS, Ratatat, Justice, Chromeo, Busy P, and more!

Dr. Tron on MySpace